Eagle Fliers is a PTA-sponsored running program for 3rd through 5th graders. Students in Kindergarten through 2nd grade may enroll in the program if a parent or guardian volunteers at the weekly practices and if space is available.
Eagle Fliers participants meet every Wednesday after school and participate in various running activities, including team races, relay competitions, and individual runs. The goal of the program is not to be the fastest runner, but to encourage kids to enjoy the outdoors and have fun exercising with their friends, while increasing endurance for a 5K run.
The Eagle Fliers program begins on February 27, 2019 and concludes with a 5K race on May 3, 2019, just before the Spring Fling.
February 20 – Physician Release Forms Due
February 27 – First Practice 2:30-3:30pm
May 3 – 5K Race 4:30pm
When is practice?
What’s the cost?
All participates receive a dry-fit Eagle Fliers t-shirt. A snack is provided at the end of practice.
The Eagle Fliers program is now full and registration has closed.
If are already registered, please download the Physician’s Release Form here. A completed form must be submitted to your student’s homeroom teacher by Wednesday, February 20th.
Important Program Rules
- A signed change of dismissal form must be submitted.
- Practice ends at 3:30pm. Students must be picked up at the back entrance of River Eves, by the cafeteria. Students not picked up on time are subject to removal from the program.
- Students should dress in appropriate clothing and shoes for running and bring a water bottle to practice.
- Students may not begin practices once a signed physician’s release form is turned in.
- If practice needs to be cancelled due to INCLEMENT WEATHER notice will be sent the night before practice.
For More Info