Eagle Fliers is an after school running program for students in grades 3-5. Grade 1-2 and K students may only enroll in the program if a parent or guardian volunteers at the weekly practices.
Eagle Fliers participants meet once per week after school and participate in various running activities, including team races, relay competitions, and individual runs. The goal of the program is not to be the fastest runner, but to encourage kids to enjoy the outdoors and have fun exercising with their friends.
The Eagle Fliers program begins on February 28, 2018 and concludes with a 5k race on May 4, 2018, just before the Spring Picnic.
A Few Key Dates:
February 2, 2018 – Enrollment Forms and Payment Due
February 28, 2018 – Physician Release Forms Due
February 28, 2018 – First Practice 2:30-3:30pm
May 4, 2018 – 5K Race 4:30pm
When is practice?
How much does Eagle Fliers cost?
All participates receive a dry-fit Eagle Fliers t-shirt. A snack and drink are provided at the end of each weekly practice.
The Eagle Fliers Program is now FULL and registration has closed.
Download the Physician’s Release Form here. (required before the first practice)
Important Program Rules
- River Eves requires a signed change of dismissal form be submitted for all students participating in the Eagle Fliers program.
- Practice ends at 3:30pm. Students should be picked up at the back entrance of River Eves, by the cafeteria. Students who are repeatedly not picked up on time are subject to removal from the program.
- Students should dress in appropriate clothing and shoes for running. All students should bring a water bottle to practice!!
- Students may not participate in practices until a signed physician’s release form has been turned in.
- If practice needs to be cancelled due to INCLEMENT WEATHER an email will be sent the night before practice.