- How Long Has Your Family Been at River Eves?
- This is our first year at River Eves!
- How Did You Start Volunteering with the PTA?
- I was a co-chair for Roswell Friends Group benefiting CHOA and managed the Mailbox Decorating Brigade for the last several years. Many of the mailbox Brigade volunteers are also a part of the REES PTA community and spoke highly of the organization and its mission. They recommended that I get involved as soon as my daughter started kindergarten. I did and haven’t looked back since!
- Why Do You Volunteer on the PTA Board?
- I believe it’s extremely important to support the community, school, and teachers who help mentor our children. As a new REES parent, I wanted to get involved early and often to do my part to support the school. The PTA is a great way to interact with the entire River Eves community, get involved, and help keep our school amazing.
- What is Your Favorite PTA Program? Why?
- I LOVE the teacher reimbursement program. Teachers often have to spend some of their own money decorating and preparing their classrooms. Each year, the PTA puts aside funds to reimburse every REES teacher up to $100 for expenses they’ve incurred setting up their classrooms for the new school year. I can’t think of a better way to thank them for their dedication to our kids (except for maybe the Teacher Appreciation Luncheon!)